Relationship vent

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Send him to MI and I'll take care of him. I HATE guys that do that, I know too many.

Everything will work out, just be strong and do what's best for you.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went through the same yo yo effect with my ex-fiance.
It took me 15 years to realize that I was worth more than that! Please go as soon as you can. I had no self esteem left and was to the point of wondering if this is what I deserved. then I finally woke up, got rid of him and started over. Now I have a wonderful decent man that is kind and gentle and would never make me feel like dirt. You deserve the same hon, and I pray that you get it soon!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just simply wondering about something. All of you guys talk about leaving. "just pack up and leave" or "just get out" or "you need to leave him". I think there is a problem with some girls, including me, that just dont know how to do that. In fact, I have an appt. with a counselor on Monday to help me figure how to do just that.

I have been trying to "get out" for a year now. It just is so hard. I almost dont even love the man anymore. There are huge problems that I just cant fix with him, and leaving is my only option. I fortunatly do have somewhere to go. But it's just the picking up and leaving part that is the hardest. How am I just supposed to leave? And maybe that's what this girl is thinking. Maybe she's spent a good part of her life with this man. And they've bought things together, and all of thier stuff is mixed together. I really dont know how to explain it.

So, yes, I do agree with all these guys about leaving him. He sounds like bad news, and it's something that has to be done. You are way better than that. Please do leave. It will be hard, belive me, because I still cant leave. And I want to. If anyone has any good ideas on how to leave for this girl, and me, that would be great. It cant just be "just leave" or "just pack up your things and go", because that's not going to happen. Some of us just cant seem to do that. There's gotta be an easier way to do this. Some way that wont hurt as bad, or make life 10 times harder than it is already.

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah878

I was just simply wondering about something. All of you guys talk about leaving. "just pack up and leave" or "just get out" or "you need to leave him". I think there is a problem with some girls, including me, that just dont know how to do that. In fact, I have an appt. with a counselor on Monday to help me figure how to do just that.

I have been trying to "get out" for a year now. It just is so hard. I almost dont even love the man anymore. There are huge problems that I just cant fix with him, and leaving is my only option. I fortunatly do have somewhere to go. But it's just the picking up and leaving part that is the hardest. How am I just supposed to leave? And maybe that's what this girl is thinking. Maybe she's spent a good part of her life with this man. And they've bought things together, and all of thier stuff is mixed together. I really dont know how to explain it.

So, yes, I do agree with all these guys about leaving him. He sounds like bad news, and it's something that has to be done. You are way better than that. Please do leave. It will be hard, belive me, because I still cant leave. And I want to. If anyone has any good ideas on how to leave for this girl, and me, that would be great. It cant just be "just leave" or "just pack up your things and go", because that's not going to happen. Some of us just cant seem to do that. There's gotta be an easier way to do this. Some way that wont hurt as bad, or make life 10 times harder than it is already.
I was also in a bad situation for a while, though a little different. To get out I needed a push, a big one. I didn't leave until things turned so horrible that I couldn't possibly stay. It was way too late..

I think this is point where friends and familiy should come in. Do you have anyone in the area who would be willing to go with you to get a moving van and help you gather all your stuff to make the move? Any TCSers in the area who would be willing to help? I would certainly help if I lived nearby.

I don't know where the original speaker is residing but if she is nearby to any of us we could help to get her out as well.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't think what I did was necessarily the right thing, but the way I got the courage to leave my husband, was that I had an affair right at the end. (The only time I ever cheated.) He was super nice guy, just what I needed after being treated so bad for so long. That gave me kind of a boost in that direction to tell DH I wanted a divorce. After 2 weeks of seeing the other guy, I had enough self esteem to do it. I ended up staying with the nice guy for a year, but it fizzled out after I realized he was a loser...