Regretfully..

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, you spared your tabby from further suffering and allowed him to pass away quickly and peacefully, I truly believe what you did for him is the greatest act of kindness of them all.

Others have given you exellent advice on how to help your son cope with his grief. I think it would also help comfort your son if you read the Rainbow Bridge poem to him, because none of us ever really know what we will find in the afterlife.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and I hope things start going better for you soon.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev - I'm so sorry. Many
to you and your family as you all go through this sad time.

What you did was the kindest thing possible for your sweet loving kitty.

He's now at the bridge free of all his health problems awaiting you all there.

Take time to grieve with your family. Our thoughts are with you now.

Take care. *hugs*

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I too, have lost 2 of my babies during the course of a year. They were much older, but it is never easy. But one thing is for sure, you did the right thing. You cared and loved your cat so much, that you freed him from his pain and suffering. Take care of yourself and take time to grieve the loss of your kitty. Your baby is now at the bridge in Gods loving arms free of pain, along with my sweet "Bea" and "Tabby Girl" and all the others.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh god Kev i'm so sorry!. As if you havent been through enough.

Im sure you did the right thing, because you couldn't see your baby suffer.

Sending
and head butts from myself , Rosie and Baby Sophie

nan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Difficult as it was you did the right thing.
You put your baby before yourself and let him go peacefully.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Kids are really pretty good with losses such as this.
My kids are grown now and we always had brother and sister pets as they were growing up.
My youngest daughter is 31 now and she said that it was really good to have learned about death at an early age. She says it has helped her in her older age to deal with life.(That is what she said"In her older years".) And she learned early to appreciate life and to live life to the fullest.
You take care and I will be thinking of you.
Love and Life,
Nan

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev
I am so sorry for your loss
You did the right thing for your baby. It takes a very strong person with a lot of love to let something go. My boy Nemo will watch over him until you meet again at the bridge. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say thanks to you all for your kind words. It has been and remains a hard week having lost my tabby, a cat that is extremely missed in and outside of the house. In every way we have found that we have a huge void in the house that is not fillable at all. I am going outside a lot where Brandy used to curl up under the hedge and sleep in the sun and the ground there is still flattened. We have decided that we are to get a stone cast cat from the garden centre if we can find one and then place it in this area that will remain forever his.
Four deaths in a space of nine months has been a little too much these days as I think people can appreciate, however, the line that life goes on is true and it does. Whether we will get another in time, who knows? Time will tell.
However, we all go through this at a time - its the fact that our animals, irrespective of size, age, color etc are given the best and are given a gift of love that only a cat lover can give, even to the end, is the best part of it all.
May your god bless you all for your kind words and thoughts and, well, when words are not enough, you remain in my thoughts.
Kevin

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a fitting idea with the garden statue.

Best wishes and my sincerest condolonces.

Life does indeed go on, be well Kev.

Spotz

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev - the biggest hugs possible. Your love shines through all your posts . . . you are a good man and those that have your love are lucky indeed.

Your losses have been harsh and I sincerely hope that you have the inner strength to carry on . . . there are those that love and need you and that love and need will I hope and pray carry you through to better times.

Look after yourself and please be there for those that care for you in mind, body and spirit.

Loads of love