Red Upper Lip

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone know why Spencer might have a Red Upper Lip. Its been getting redder over the last week. Nothing has changed for him. No food changes, litter changes, environment changes. Just started to develop this. He is hard to take to the Vet as he hates people (everyone but his family). Not sure what to do here. Any suggestions?

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi,
Does it seem to bother him at all? I know you said nothing has changed, but, by any chance have you changed food/water dishes? Do you see redness or soreness anywhere else (paws, ears, etc.)?
He's beautiful, by the way!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First of all, thank-you for the sentiment. No, absolutely nothing has changed. No, he does not have redness anywhere else. Just don't know what to make of it. Some of you that are better at diagnosis, could it be a developed allergy? He likes corn litter and while he has had it for a couple of years, I changed his litter about three weeks ago and am wondering if I should try something else? He did have a small blood spot on the bridge of his nose a week ago, I figured he poked himself with something, but it has healed. Its funny to see me crawling around the floor looking for things that could poke him so I can eliminate that possibility. The things we do sometimes, I just have to smile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Changed his food for a few days to Weruva Lambergini Cat Food and the redness is gone. Looks like an allergy to his old cat food that he has eaten for years.