Red, Swollen Eye

niclak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This afternoon I discovered that my mostly outdoor male cat has a red, swollen eye with a little bit of discharge coming out of it.  Any ideas on what the problem could be?  I do know that another male cat has been running around my home and I saw this cat try to attack my cat the other day.   I ran the stray off but have been seeing him here and there.  I didn't know if maybe they got in a fight and now my cat has an infection from an injury or maybe even conjunctivitis?  I plan to take him to the vet in the morning but I can't help but worry about his eye.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor guy.  Yes, it looks like his eye was either injured or he has an infection or both.  It's great that you're taking him to the vet.  If he will let you, you can clean it with saline solution tonight.  It might offer some relief.  

Is he neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

niclak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the advice.  He is not neutered, however, I plan on getting him neutered very soon.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is getting into fights because he is defending his territory from other toms. Please keep him inside until he is neutered. This will, unfortunately, keep happening.