Red spot in cat eye

batmanssis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
One of my cats, Nina, is 8 years old. She was either born or suffered an injury to her left eye that left it malformed and with a cloudy spot in it (Dr. said she has can see a bit from it). Today I noticed a red spot on top of the cloudy area and the eye seems to be a bit more cloudy. She is eating well and acting her normal self; she does have an autoimmune issue that requires her to be injected with Depo-Medrol when scabs appear (I’ve been giving her Omega 3 and the scabs have not appeared again yet)
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this (Not asking for advice in substitution for vet, just want to know what I can except). I will call her vet tomorrow, she was due for her yearly examination anyway.

Thanks in advance!

*examination due next month

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I don't have experience with this but wanted to send my thoughts 💞

Hopefully someone who knows more will see your post soon 🙂

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I searched this site for something similar from previous posts and came up empty. Tbh, not knowing if it has something to do with the existing condition of her eye, I would want the vet to see her quicker than a month from now. To me, looking at the pic, it could be blood.

Did you send a pic of her eye to the vet? If not, I would do that and ask if they think she ought to be seen sooner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batmanssis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
Thanks for replying and sorry for not logging in sooner. I did take her to the vet. Her usual Dr. was not in, there was a newbie Dr. and she had never seen anything like that before. They did not have the machine to test her eye pressure. She prescribed Ofloxacin for a week, but I haven’t seen any difference. She’s acting normally, eating well, when I put the drops in it doesn’t seem to hurt her.

They recommended that if the eye did not improve to make an appointment with a veterinary oftalmologist (there is only one in PR).Hoping that is something that can be treated easily as they are very expensive.