Red Sore In Front Of Cats Ear

ALCunningham22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I am hoping to get some feedback on a red spot I just found in front of my cats ear. Has anyone seen or dealt with anything like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Have you noticed your cat scratching his or her ears more than usual? Are your cat's nails trimmed? If not, this could have caused the red spot and irritated it. Has the red area grown in size? Have you put any type of topical ointment on the spot?

This Article about skin conditions may be helpful for you:
Skin Conditions In Cats

If the redness does not clear up please contact your vet and keep us posted on your progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ALCunningham22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response! She hasn’t been itching at it. Her nails were recently trimmed (a couple of weeks ago). She is healthy, active, eating, drinking and using the litter box. The red spot has not grown. I put a dab of hydrogen peroxide on it yesterday. I’ve been trying to keep a close eye on it. Thanks again for responding!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ALCunningham22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A quick updated on the red spot near my cats ear. The red spot has shrunk considerably. Thank goodness. It definitely looks like a scratch. I did put a dab of antibiotic ointment on it, which seemed to help. Thank you again for your help!

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat gets those a lot. Usually he scratched himself or his sister scratched him it’s usually from dry skin or an allergy of some kind.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A quick updated on the red spot near my cats ear. The red spot has shrunk considerably. Thank goodness. It definitely looks like a scratch. I did put a dab of antibiotic ointment on it, which seemed to help. Thank you again for your help!
You're entirely welcome, that's what we're here for. :) Please let us know any time you need advice or support. I hope you take advantage of some of the excellent Articles and other resources on the site.