red line in cat's eye

Cremepuff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

Just now I noticed a decently-sized red line in the white part of my cat's eye. It was the inner part, towards the nose.

It's hard to get a picture because I only managed to see it since I was holding the toy at an angle where she had to move her eyes to watch it instead of her entire head.

Vet's office isn't open yet and she gets extremely anxious on car rides, so before I rush there, I wanted to know-- is this normal in the eye or should this definitely be checked out? I tried to check the same angle on the other eye and I couldn't see it, but maybe she didn't move her eyes far enough.

some other things: I have noticed for a while that the same eye is slightly off-center, she previously had an ulcer there close to her nose as well (about 2 months ago), but the vet said it had healed. And currently, I have Terramycin at home, which she was taking for a case of conjunctivitis.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is her eye watering at all? It wouldn't hurt to give her a round of Terramycin again. It may be a scratch unrelated to the ulcer. I would watch it and see if it gets bigger or worse. if it doesn't and seems to heal, though eye scratches can take weeks to heal, everything is good. to put your mind at ease you could call the vet's office and see what they say.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with the above about calling the vet and asking their opinion - you don't want to mess around with a cat's eye for too long before having it looked at, because one just never knows what they might be dealing with.