Red Crust.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Middie whom is pregnant... When i was observing her private areas had what seem to be like this redish crust on her vagina.. I'm not sure if was a little poopie that had gone there, but i wanted to know if it were normal or not... and what i should do... anyhow it could possibly from when she went to the litter and she sat on her own poop.. please let me know thanks!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi KCM!

How many days pregnant is she? If more than 61 then that may be the beginning of her plug coming out. If she will let you, get a wash cloth dampaned with warm water and clean the area. Make sure her birthing site is all ready!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well she's just about in that time frame.. she's actually always complaining, when i pick her up or when i give her a gentle kiss, she whines and cries, i want to soothe her but i don't know what to do.. i'm gonna clean her up.. for some reason all she wants to do is lay down in my hall way, sh enever used to do that... i made her a bed under my desk, where it's quiet and comfortable with lots of sheets, pillows and comforters.. thanks!

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. okay, well I'm gonna go clean that up with a ncie warm cloth, hopefully she doesn't whine, she was never a whiner.. but she started to get really irritated with me, i can't even pick her up to rub her belly or give her a gentle kiss, she cries and tries to scratch me.. she was never like that, i guess it's the pregnancy talking.. anyhow.. thank you.. oh another thing, she just started laying in my hall way for no reason, she just sits there and stars inside my bedroom, i made her a bed under my desk where it's quiet and is full of comfy pillows, comforters and sheets, somewhere she can be comfortable, but she won't go there. hmm.. why could this be?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing fine hon, not to worry. Just make sure she can't get out of the area you've made her a nest in. It would be best if you could put all the bedding you have for her in a box, safer that way.

Signs of imminent delivery are contractions and panting so be on the lookout for that!

ETA: She sounds like she wants to give birth in your room...is there any space in your room you can put a box withe the bedding you've made up under your desk?

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually yes, and sorry about the double reply, it said it didnt work so i replied twice lol.. but anyhow, well when my first cat gave birth... i was in a tent on vacation.. yes i take them everywhere..lol.. and she had her first kitten half out, when she came and layed down on top of me.. i jumped up, and i immediatley got towels and different things.. she then moved to a comfortable spot.. i wonder if middie will do that...

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually yes, and sorry about the double reply, it said it didnt work so i replied twice lol.. but anyhow, well when my first cat gave birth... i was in a tent on vacation.. yes i take them everywhere..lol.. and she had her first kitten half out, when she came and layed down on top of me.. i jumped up, and i immediatley got towels and different things.. she then moved to a comfortable spot.. i wonder if middie will do that...
wow that must have been a shock!!