Red bumps on ears and under eye

Rhazek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!

Me and the gf have noticed a couple of cuts/lumps on our cat’s head - please see the attached pictures - and we were wondering if anyone might help us with what to do.

We noticed the one on her eye yesterday and started treating it with hibiscrub (skin antiseptic we got recommended from out bet here in the UK). We suspected she might have a tiny cut from scratching and they just needed cleaning (we clipped her claws circa 3 weeks ago and she’s up to date with her worm and flee treatment). However, when doing another round of hibisrub just now we noticed a few other similar looking marks (3 around her right ear, 1 on the left), so we thought it would be best to check with you whether we are doing the right thing with the hibiscrub or whether she might need an appointment.

She doesn’t recoil immediately when you get near them, only if you try and have a proper look, and all her other behaviour has been normal (toilet, eating, social, etc.).

Anyone who might know what they could be and what we should do? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor little girl, I think a trip to the vet may be needed. At least that way you'll know what you are dealing with. I've no idea what they could be but maybe someone else will come along and give answers. Hope she feels better soon.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site and Happy New Year! Those are a little larger and more inflamed than I would be comfortable treating at home. They may have a simple explanation and treatment but your cat probably needs some medical help in the way of an anti inflammatory or antibiotic. These don't look like flea bites to me, and you are keeping up on her care in the department, so I would get an appointment for her.

Orockwell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you ever figure out what happened? My cat has something similar