Red bump on anus

Flo.b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cats has a red bump on his anus and I don’t really know what to do about it.
I disinfected it today, and it kind of popped like a pimple, there was a bit of liquid and it bled a little bit.
I don’t know if I should just wait and see or take him to the vet ??
4C6494B5-6842-45F6-B593-E2C1F1D388F5.jpeg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does it appear to bother him, is he paying attention to it. I would try to bathe it in warm water several times a day and see if it helps. If it gets worse then a visit to the vet may be needed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can always try to send a pic to the vet to ask them what they think, or if they have ideas about the proper way to treat it. If you go about it the wrong way, you could make the area sore and cause problems with him wanting to poop. So, be careful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flo.b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can always try to send a pic to the vet to ask them what they think, or if they have ideas about the proper way to treat it. If you go about it the wrong way, you could make the area sore and cause problems with him wanting to poop. So, be careful.
Yes I think I’m going to get an appointment just to be sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flo.b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does it appear to bother him, is he paying attention to it. I would try to bathe it in warm water several times a day and see if it helps. If it gets worse then a visit to the vet may be needed.
No he doesn’t seem to care about it but I’m still going to bring him to the vet to check