Recurring UTI?!

kitkarsen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All, 

My cat Moon (2 yr old rescue, male, long hair) keeps getting recurring bacterial infections... 

I know of this because Moon will pee in the bathtub (located near his litterbox) when something is going on. While the vet suggested I get another litter box- I know this isn't behavioral as every time Moon has done this he has in fact had something going on... anyways- more to the point. 

When I asked my vet why this keeps recurring, (if it was something I was doing, if there something I needed to be more careful about) he said that some cats just lick that area in a way that causes these things to occur more often. I'm not satisfied with that answer- and so turn here to ask your thoughts! 

I want to help Moon, so if there is something I can do or should be doing- I want to do that to avoid this from happening so often. 

I don't like that my vet suggested it may be behavioral, but he did back down when I said well... i could see that if the results weren't positive each time. 

I also didn't like that my vet couldn't give me a specific reason this keeps happening (I understand that perhaps there just isn't a clear answer though...)

Moon is my first cat- this is completely new to me and I am wanting to become more knowledgable and better equipped to help him out. 

Thanks all. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkarsen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
* Want to add that Moon does not drink water very often, something I have tried to help him with. Tried various water bowls, bought several different kinds of fountains, end up putting extra water into his wet food.