Recovery from Thyroidectomy surgery

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I took my sweet little Chelsea in Thursday (she's the one with the picture) for a Thyroidectomy surgery with my vet that I use to work for 35 years. She had been on Tapazole cream for a few years now & it was just not working for her at all. Rachel, my oldest who will be 21 years old in May has been on the transdermal Tapazole cream for many years now & she seems to be doing ok with it. I did have many years ago with 2 of my other cats that are now deceased that had hyperthyroidism the iodine radiation treatment which did cure the hyperthyroid but for some reason I ended up losing them several months later. So, I decided not to go down that road again as not only is it very expensive plus I had to go out of town to take them there & that was not only stressful for them but for me as well. Well, my vet kept the tumor for me to see & it was rather large to say the least but thank goodness, it was only on one thyroid gland & not both & she seems to be recovery quite well & has a very good appetite, too. This is my first experience with this type surgery & so far, I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results.