Recovery and aftercare after neutering?? HURRY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It seems to me, by yours experiences you all have in common, this with e-collar after neutering to be more or less a myth! It is very seldom it is necessary, the cats usually arent not excessively licking or biting on the stitches.
We should perhaps write it up - on the forum, in the article base...

But it is perhaps so most only for ferals? As they survivors - they are made of a toughter wood than most family cats?! (the weaker homeless do die, only the toughter survivors may become ferals...)
But family cats have the big plus they can always have close surveillance and kan get help IF they are licking or biting too much and it starts to bleed...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Vet uses glue to close the wound on the outside and disolving stitches on the inside.Blaze never bothered her incision at all.For the first 24 hours, she was groogy and couldn't have cared less about the wound.Within 36 hours, she was back to herself and NEVER had any complications from the spay.We did NOT use an E collar either.Our Vet says,that animals will lick the wound as a way to keep it clean and that as long as it's not excessive licking.........there is NO WORRY!!!
Good luck and I'm glad that the cat was saved from a bullet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am very sad now. Weeping.

It is over.

The kitties will probably go too, as nobody want take semiferal kittys...

the only 100 secure kitten is the abandoned one, adopted by the stall owner as two-weeks...

the fight must go on. There are others to save. but im very down in this moment...