Recommended kitten eye infection drops for stay kitten

Starceptor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i live in a rural area, with no vet for about a half an hours drive, and we currently have no car. Cats have kittens every year around here, its just kinda, how its always been i guess, but i've never seen one of them with an eye infection before. Theres one little black kitten, probably a few weeks old? he's like, the size of my hand ,and i had to peel off dry infection and clean out his left eye before he could see again yesterday. We have two cats already, and im not allowed to have another or i would take him in and care for him better, but thats just not a choice for me right now, neither is getting him to a vet or a shelter that isn't already too full.

He clearly has an eye infection, and i know there are kitten eye drops for that, I was planning on ordering some and going out, grabbing him, putting the drops in, and feeding him every day until the green gunk went away. What drops do you all recommend i can order? I'd ask the vet but its sunday and they're not open, so i figured i'd ask here until i can call.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don’t normally recommend self-medicating a cat but understand your predicament. I would also wait until Monday, so you can have your vet’s input

***FIRST AND FOREMOST - I will caution you with using an eye ointment. (ointments can increase irritation and may not resolve issues if cornea has been scratched - that’s why staining eyes during an exam important)

Secondly, if the kitten has that much discharge from her eyes, I would also gander to think she probably needs systemic support. Being that small she is especially susceptible to dehydration.

Please call your vet on Monday on how to proceed. And thank you for trying to help this kitten.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
My above posted was edited but if you search Chewy they sell ophthalmic ointment.

(Didn’t mean for my advice to be against forum rules - since the ointment was sold without an Rx I figured it was fine to recommend. I don’t see how it’s any different than members recommending using tea or other remedies)