Recommendations for fragrance free clumpable litter?

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried the schweat scoop, it sent dust clouds up every time I tried to clean the litter boxes, plus I found roaches in it the last time!yuck! So I quit using it. Also my cats have allergies and the wheat aggravated it. Which Is a shame because I really wanted it to work for them.the only complaint about the walnut litter I have is the color. I wish it was lighter, because I have to monitor the urine of my uti prone kitty. I think I'm going to try pioneer pet grass seed again and hope they don't munch on It
I have often thought that maybe the swheat scoop could be bad for my kitties if they have a wheat allergy. Right now one is sick and I've been told to eliminate wheat from her diet. I may try a different litter, even though I like this one so much (and I bought a years supply at black friday..) Doesn't hurt to try right?

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nevroth nevroth sure doesn't hurt to try. If your kitty is allergic to wheat, then the wheat litter definitely isn't a good choice. I can sympathize with you, I bought$300 worth of the grass seed litter and all my cats wanted to do was eat it and throw it around like confetti. I use it for my fosters but I might try it again and see what happens

kgropp16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I used the generic plain clay litter at Petco in the big open bin. You scoop it yourself.  Then they quit carrying the kibble my kitties eat.  So now I get Pet supplies Plus brand of unscented litter.  It has baking soda in it which I don't care for.  I will keep an eye on how they do with this and may switch back to the plain.
I love Petco's generic litter! I find that it clumps very well and does a decent job controlling odor. I've used the regular unscented in the green & white bucket as well as the multi-cats scented purple & white. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love Petco's generic litter! I find that it clumps very well and does a decent job controlling odor. I've used the regular unscented in the green & white bucket as well as the multi-cats scented purple & white. 
And you can refill them as many times as you want for $10 per 30 pounds.  I like that.   At Pet Supplies Plus their 40 pound boxes are $11.  The boxes can be recycled but you end up having lots of boxes on your hands to tear down and carry to the recycle station.