Recommendation for a cat harness?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience with cat walking, the less fabric the better when it comes to harnesses. I tried to put a walking jacket on her and she strongly dissaproved. Just Zissou's two cents!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

In my experience with cat walking, the less fabric the better when it comes to harnesses. I tried to put a walking jacket on her and she strongly dissaproved. Just Zissou's two cents!
I could see that! Some cats hate to be constrained and Spanky is one that snuggles on his terms. He probably wouldn't like the walking jacket at all.

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I guess it depends on the cat. When I tried a standard harness on Jazzpurr, the took off hopping like a bucking bronco, he hates it! Roscoe on the otherhand, has been wearing a doggie t-shirt for almost 2 weeks & doesn't seem to mind it.

In case you're wondering... no, I don't normally dress up my cats.
I treated Roscoe with Revolution between his shoulderblades & he scratched & licked the spot raw. The vet gave me an e-collar, but that wasn't working out too well, so I decided to try a doggie t-shirt. It works great, prevents him from licking the spot and he can still jump on the cat tree, get in the litter box, eat & groom himself like normal!

pickles81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I'm glad i came across this post. I took my cat Pickles outside today for about the third time. She just loves it!!! The only problem....is the collar. I feel so bad because she tries to go under the deck...and if i stop her...she coughs and chokes, probably from the collar. So, im glad to see that petco and petsmart didnt have a harness becuase thats where i was going to go. And that would have been a waste of time. So, i thank you very much!! Hmmm...how do you find the right size harness for a cat anyways...and where. Im also worried that my cat is going to get bugs or something from rolling around in the grass...she loves to roll everywhere. Thanks again for the post!