Reckless driving ticket...advice please

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best advice would be to DEFINITELY fight the ticket. Do you all have Pointts there in the US? There are companies here that are ex cops that help you fight the ticket with technicalities.

Good luck!

Everyone speeds, so I don't think its a big deal that he was speeding.

Oh
, I just realized this is an old thread....welp..any update?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
28 mph over is like 45 km/ph - that is enough for points and possible suspension of license most places, Heather seems to have a lot of good advice that is state orientated, but like Nat said, we have ex-coppers and POINTS etc here who just fight vehicle related tickets that can usually help you for less than a lawyer.

When is the court date? Have they given you one yet?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

Victim?? there was no VICTIM here. he was speeding! If your going to speed/break the law on the road, then be prepared to pay for it if you get caught.
He was lucky he was stopped before he hurt himself or someone else.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was already slowing down to meet the posted speed limit. I mean, we're talking about speeding here, not driving DUI, and coming down and merging from an off ramp from a highway. I guess he should have probably slowed down on the highway before he took the exit and backed up traffic up there so that when he hit the road he merged onto, he wasn't going faster than the speed limit (which, I have a feeling he hadn't even passed a *posted* sign yet).

And this not to say that all officers are this way, as I'm generally supportive but there *are* those who take some sort of twisted delight in "nailing" someone in any which way they can, just to be a butthead. They like the power and they abuse it.

Again, tha'ts not all, but there are a number of them.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even though it is not a DUI, a reckless driving ticket is as serious as a DUI as far as points and affecting your license goes. If it were just a speeding ticket it would be much better, but reckless driving is very serious.

I hate to point out the effect on his insurance rate, but if your company finds out, you may be cancelled! They don't always find out, so I would be very careful not to even jaywalk for the next 3 years til you get out of that 3 year point period on your insurance policy.

Helene, former insurance underwriter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fight it ... IF in fact the road was empty Reasonable and Prudent law would apply... Plus ask if the cruiser had a camera .... see IF he was slowing down to the NEW limit in most areas you have 20 or 30 FT PASSED the sign to get to the proper speed