Recently spayed cat

holly the mage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today is the day after the procedure. surprisingly, she seems fine. however, shes been jumping up on everything, like normal. i dont think that they're supposed to do that, but i can't get here to stop. i also dont have a way to see if she's licking at the incision, since i havent seen her much. (shes been under the bed and on the windowsill)

reversedpolarit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good that it sounds like she's back to normal! Cats will be cats, so if she doesn't appear to be in pain and isn't actively biting/clawing the incision I wouldn't overly worry about her jumping. Just keep an eye on her :) 

However, I'd block off under the bed if you can, just so you can keep a closer eye on her for a few days and make sure nothing gets into the incision and she isn't using the hiding place to lick/bite it. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

holly the mage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for the advice! the reason i havent blocked off the bed yet, is that i don't have anything to block it off with, and its always been her space to hide when shes scared. currently, i cant go and get anything to block it off. is there any everyday, common thing to have in the house that i haven't thought of to block it off? (the bed)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
As long as she's still coming out to eat and jump on other things, I wouldn't worry about her being under the bed part of the time. She'd probably find a way to get around anything you use to block it off anyway. Cats are like that. :seesaw: