Recent spay

Logan60

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new to this site and I’m sure I’m being paranoid but my cats incision is worrying me. She was fixed today and has been acting normal, have been trying to keep her from jumping into things or running around. I planned to keep an eye on it for a few days and if it got worse to call the clinic. Please let me know if I shouldn’t wait.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First, welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Since most of our cats have been males I haven't gone through a spay for quite some time. Our last cat who was a female was spayed before we adopted her so no help there either. However, TCS has an excellent Article that discusses what to do after spay/neuter surgery. Scroll down to Photos of Healthy Incisions and Photos of Infected Incisions, this may be helpful for you: Spaying And Neutering – What To Look For After Surgery – TheCatSite Articles

If you have any concerns can you send the above pic to your vet? Best of luck, please keep us posted on her progress. :alright:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks pretty good to me. Watch for any angry redness, opening at the site of the incision, or any kind of weeping from the incision, especially if it's puss-colored. She will most likely develop a little knot near the base of the incision. That's usually just scar tissue building up and goes away on its own.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine to me also. As previously said, watch for redness, weeping or swelling. Is she wearing a cone, don't let me lick or pester the site and try to stop her jumping or being over active although I know it's difficult. If you are concerned you could send a photo to your vet to put your mind at rest .