Recent Flower Garden Pictures

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, I planted pink poppy seeds; I dearly love poppies and we had transplanted several from my parents' garden at their old house before they moved. Poppies are difficult to transplant, so we are pleased that some made it. But even though I planted those pink poppy seeds so long ago, we never saw any pink poppies. Until this morning! Aren't they just beautiful? There are only three, but I'll take them. And hopefully, we'll start to see more now every year.

Poppies.jpg

PinkPoppies.jpg

PinkPoppiesCloseOne.jpg

Poppies.jpg

Here's the back flowerbed. Surprisingly there are really few weeds in the bed. A good afternoon of work and we could have it cleaned up fairly well; we also have to clean the birdbath out and level it.

BackGarden.jpg

The lion fountain with the roses. This is at the northern corner of the pool. It desperately needs a good weeding.

LionRoses.jpg

And finally, here's yet another picture of Rupert. Just because I love Rupert. I want to get some concrete cleaner and give him a good cleaning, but I'm kind of afraid of what the cleaner will do his features.

Rupert.jpg

Thanks for looking!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Your garden is lovely, want to come over and give mine some TLC? :wink: We have more weeds than I can shake a stick at and no matter what I do they come back just to spite me. :biggrin:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Weeds are just plants nobody likes.

Your poppies are gorgeous! The colors are so vivid. I hope they flourish and spread.

Your beds are all wonderful, with lots of colors and textures. You have a good eye for them.

I like Rupert. You can use Jomax to clean him. It doesn't damage concrete and is safe to use around plants. You can also use it on siding and many other surfaces.

Zinsser JOMAX® House Cleaner and Mildew Killer Product Page

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your kind comments. And thank you for the Jomax suggestion, mother dragon. I'll check at Lowes next time we're down there. Normally Rupert doesn't look this bad, but all the rain is doing a number on him, too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty!! Maybe it's something about this year's weather that they like! Weeding is always just the best chore right? :crazy:

I'm working on a new shade garden bed. I was just gifted a bunch of bricks and pavers from my neighbor. I have them all set in place but not leveled. I boxed in my rhubarb patch too. If ya'll don't hear from me for a while; that's what I'm doing. Leveling bricks and weeding out behind them. Then I can add plants! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nice, Mooch! Shade gardens are so pretty. I'd love to see pictures when you're finished.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your kind comments. And thank you for the Jomax suggestion, mother dragon. I'll check at Lowes next time we're down there. Normally Rupert doesn't look this bad, but all the rain is doing a number on him, too.
You may have to get the Jomax online because I doubt Lowe's carries it. It's worth the trouble.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice! :clap:

The rain would have to stop for me to take pictures. :rolleyes2: The first load of mulch has arrived and I haven't even touched it yet. I need to weed, edge and mulch the whole yard.

Last edited: