Reccomendation on a book to buy?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's come undone is by Wally Lamb. If you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books you might like them. I'm personally a fan of Stephen King. Do you like mysteries?? What type of book-funny, mushy, scary?????????? Any of the Dan Brown books are good (The davinci code/ angels and demons).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

She's come undone is by Wally Lamb. If you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books you might like them. I'm personally a fan of Stephen King. Do you like mysteries?? What type of book-funny, mushy, scary?????????? Any of the Dan Brown books are good (The davinci code/ angels and demons).
ive got all of the harry potter books im waiting for the next one to come out
!

I dont really know... lol i like books but its hard for me to categorise.
I read "tomorrow when the war began by John Marsden and he was such a good writer its abou these kids who go to the bush and come back to see that the land has been taken over by god knows what and every animal is dead.

Then i read like a poem book and its called
Love, ghosts and nose hair cant remember who its by.
Well thanks for the hint guys!
i'm not sure if i can find most of these books here in germany but i will try

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Here's a book that I read about three years ago, that still sticks in my mind. "Spilling Clarence" by Anne Ursu. The plot SOUNDS like sci-fi but it's not. A small town in Minnesota, named Clarence, experiences a chemical spill from the local pharmaceutical plant. The chemical spill causes almost everyone in Clarence to remember their ENTIRE past..even the things that they have blocked out, the good the bad, and the ugly. The question? Is having total recall of every event in your life, a blessing or a curse? Very emotional and wise book.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, "The Lovely Bones" is a really good one.

I also think "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" is really good as well...just can't recall the name of the author.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Here's a book.......................... The question? Is having total recall of every event in your life, a blessing or a curse? Very emotional and wise book.
That sounds really engrossing. I will have to check it out.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mitch Albom wrote "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven" and I recommended it VERY highly!

And Mom of Franz that book sounds very interesting... I'll have to look into it, thanks!