Reasonable priced dry for my barn cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Orijen is a good all ages food, but like you said - it is pricey.

When we had our foster kitties with us, we fed Authority (Petsmart's house brand) it's not too bad and definitely economical (we had four of them to feed plus our own guys) 8lb bag was around $15 if I remember correctly.
I've never had any luck with orijen at my house... my indoor cats have been resistant to it forever ..i remember driving forever years ago before it was widely available and they totally rejected it time and time again...

They cannot stand grain free *shrug*

I'll look at petsmart house brand, i'd love it if the food could be used for both indoor and barn cats even if it's only part of the ragdolls rotation.. that way i'd get better bang for my buck lol

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

I have fed my ferals Purina Cat Chow and Purina One. They also get Friskies pate wet food once a day
Thanks, i used friskies wet with them daily to, the kitten is actually on kitten chow at the moment, since where he came from was a family who bought whatever was on sale that week..

oddly enough though he's not real fond of it, mind you my adult sure is

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thought i'd update since i did finally decide upon a feed.

My local Global(Canadian, pet food store) suggested i try feline plus lifetime. This is a Canadian food, so i don't expect many of you to be aware of it, however the first ingredients are chicken and turkey meal, it's corn & wheat & by product free and is for all life stages as well as naturally preserved.

Reasonable in pricing and comes in a large package to. The cats are both tolerating it well.