Rearview mirrors?! and things that hang on 'em.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH won't allow it, but I used to have a glow in the dark fishie <>< symbol and my graduation tassle. Occasionally a yankee car jar too! It's one area where I allow DH to indulge is neat freak side! We share the car so I guess it's fair. But then the car he usually drives is smelly to me.....so I guess if I take that car for something I better take some air freshener or roll down the windows!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The van has a green apple Little Trees air fresheners. I love those things!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hang the Yankee Candle air freshener from the gear shift lever on the side of the steering wheel. And I have a couple of those neat little sunglass-holder clip thingies on the visors and then I have four of these little pom-pom ball Siamese cats that sit on a piece of hard cardboard with double-sided tape on the bottom - they rest on my dashboard in the middle. I have a Siamese cat window decal and my license plate is a vanity one that says "Meeze" - short for (duh!) SiaMEEZE. My car is purple (gray really, but in certain light, I'd swear it was purple) with a gray interior, so I call it my Lilac Point car. *ROFL* So, does this make me the crazy cat-car lady???

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My rear window ledge holds numerous stuffed animals: cats, Dalmatians, tigers and leopards. I have some really neat Lisa Frank beanies, in wild colors.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On my mirror I have a lay (not sure how to spell it) a carabeener with a little stuffed animal rabbit (well just a head) and a keychain that says "big sis" on it. I have been told that there is too much and to take it down... but I don't. My sister used to have a keychain that said "lil sis" but it got stolen

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have nothing hanging from mine. I don't need anything else blocking my view. I have an electronic pass for the tollway, an electronic pass to get on my work campus, and the parking stickers for work too.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small Dreamcatcher on my truck mirror and a Buddy Christ for the dashboard as soon as I get a dash covers.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I NEVER hang anything from mine. It is not safe. I was in a really bad car wreck about two and a half years ago. An F150 completly totaled my car when she rearended me speeding and not paying attention. My back and neck were hurt- i was put in physical therapy for months. When i had my old car- i had a gorgeous little prism hanging from a clear string on my rear view mirror. The impact of the wreck caused not only the back of my car to be totaled, but it was so bad the prism when through the front windshield completly shattering it everywhere- there was glass everywhere. So if ya'll hang things from your rearview mirror, not to be a damp wrag or anything- but please be careful what you hang- if you're in a wreck it could very well harm you. Also- it's not wise to put things like tissue boxes/ and other things on the very back of your car on top of seats- in a wreck- they can fly foward and hit you/hurt you.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we don't have anything on the mirror but we have a Homer Simpson doll glued to the dash and a Hula Monkey playing the Ukelele.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we used to have a pair of panties hanging from the reareview...

nothing right now.but we do have an I love my Siberian Husky, and I love my Basset hound clinging. Arabian horse Assoc. sticker and a persian sticker

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

...I got stopped by the local Po-Po for having an expired tag about a month ago ... he looked at my stuff on the mirror, told me it wasn't smart to have them there and that I should take them down. I asked him if I was breaking any laws - and he said no, that I wasn't. So, I told him those were my Princess things and NOBODY was gonna make me take them down if I didn't absolutely HAVE to. He just chuckled...
I was stopped in a routine road block on a Saturday night and I received a $50.00 ticket for having something hanging from my mirror. (be careful when you're in NJ) That stuff came down...and was quickly replaced by an air freshner and a beaded hair ornament a friend made for me.