Really Weird Question...

Sabrina17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten, Icarus, LOVES wet wash cloths. He drags them out of the bathtub. He drags them out of the kitchen. When he gets them out to the living room, he chews on them for a bit and then loses interest in them. Is there a particular reason why he does this? (He always has access to clean water)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That could well be, and the cool water feels good to his gums. Other than that...well...he's a cat. They get attracted to all sorts of odd things. Hekitty is obsessed with one of my summer slippers. The right one. She drags it all over the house. Why? I asked her, and she said, "Honey, don't sweat it. It's a cat thang, and you'll never in this world understand."

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my girls loved my bras and would pull them out of the hamper and drag them all over the house. She didn’t seem to want to sniff them or anything like that. Just carry them out to the living room and leave them on the floor or on top of furniture.

Current cat soaks her Pom poms in her water dish before playing with them or bringing them to me to play fetch. Who knows why, she just likes them wet.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a klenex thief, and a hair elastic thief in my home. Who knows why cats do what they do. Jasper will steal klenex out of the box or the trash, in order to give them to the dog for her to eat (yeah gross I know)
Audrey tries to steal elastics even if they are still wrapped around my pony tail, and if you leave one out someplace they are gone.... the hoard is normally found under the refrigerator.

As for wet washcloths it could be as others have said a soothing feeling against teething gums. I would have a look inside your cats mouth for any swelling though an infected tooth could be the culprit, and yes, kittens can get bad teeth at an early age.
It could also just be a comfort thing, who are we to know what actually happens in a kitty cat brain :)