Really scared again for Bonaparte

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a beautiful cat.

A friend has a cat who kept blocking, in the end he had 'sex change' surgery at Glasgow Vet School which was very expensive but has fixed the problem.  He still gets bits of stone and so on, but he can't get blocked anymore and blocking is a major medical emergency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethrostomy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How's our little patient doing? And do you know when the analysis of the stones will be in?

And I know you want to prevent the stones and crystals... but OrientalSlave's post did remind me, I meant to ask if there's a reason the vet hasn't suggested the P.U. surgery for Bonaparte? Because it would mask the problem, and you'd rather solve it at the source?

:hugs: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did wonder about that Laurie, but the vet was reluctant to do it. The analysis is still not in, but if the finally agreed diet doesn't work then that would be the next step. he is much better, is no onger wearing any intrusive 'clothes' of any sort, and seems to be comfortable. I have not let him out yet, I am still a bit afraid of infection and it has been very wet and muddy here. But I cannot make him an inside cat - he has always been a roamer and hunter and I do think that keeping him in for a month before Christmas may have contributed to this problem.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Checking in on Bonaparte tonight :rub:. I bet he is thrilled not be rid of the tshirt :lol2:. Hope he continues to do well, Jenny. Please keep us updated :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: