Really, REALLY mad!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If she has all of these should haves and could haves for you than she should have kept the ferret in the first place since she thinks she knew better.
Completely agree... Think about this , give up an animal to any shelter and YOU sign AWAY your right to know what happens to that animal.. She gave up the ferret and thus had no right to say anything about it s care... Which IMHO you did a good to great job, good outcomes are NOT always a part of life

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he had hair loss it may have been adrenal disease/tumors. These are very common in ferrets. There are treatments available which can help so if he had seen a ferret knowledgeable vet they may have been able to treat it. There's no way to know for sure what the outcome would be though. Ferrets in my experience tend to be very "fragile". I've had 6 ferrets. They all lived pretty long healthy lives, but I've never had one recover once they became ill even with extensive veterinary treatment. I think this is partly because they are good at hiding symptoms so by the time it is evident that there is something wrong they are far advanced.