really picky eater

georgiesmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a cat who is just simply the pickiest eater I have ever had...she will not touch canned food, people food anything but dry food and she only nibbles at it....she loses weight from being so picky, is ther any certain brand i can give her that is dense in calories?

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Mr. G. was having trouble eating the past two weeks, I gave him Royal Canin Babycat Instinctive food to boost his caloric intake. I think all kitten foods must be higher in calories to feed their growing bodies. Hopefully, they also have extra vitamins and minerals that a picky eater isn't getting through other foods.

Yesterday, the vet set a can of Royal Canin Recovery food down in front of Mr. G. while she gave him a treatment. I told her he wouldn't touch it, but I had to eat my words. He was so excited that he just growled while she was treating him. It was pretty funny - he sounded like he was under water.

Mr. G. will only eat canned foods; he'll nibble at dry. Bertha will only eat dry foods. The only canned food she'll even look at is Fancy Feast in gravy. She licks the gravy and leaves the meat behind. Since it's such a waste, this is strictly a rare treat for her. I do give her raw chicken bites at every feeding. She gets quite excited about those.

Have you tried raw foods? I mean the ones you find in the pet store fridge/freezer, not raw meats. Your cat may like that.

There are also vitamin gels available for picky eaters. You smear it on their paws and they lick it off. That's one trick that might work for your picky eater.

Best regards.