Really need help soon!

StormyRose786

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been throwing up clear liquid here & there - small amounts. This is nothing new, except it's not stopping. In between these times, she acts like she's trying to get something out, but nothing comes out - not dry-heaving, just like trying to spit up. She eats, but it doesn't all stay down. Can't be positive, but face seems slightly puffy. It's not an allergic reaction. And it's been going on a couple of days.

The problem is, I can't get her to the vet. My aunt had a stroke, & I have to be with her from 7 to about 6 every day til Friday. There is no one else. And the only person who could take her for me most likely wouldn't be able to get her into a carrier.

Any advice? Friday is a long time from now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like she has something wrong with her teeth or gums. Cats can get plaque build up, which rubs against their cheeks making it difficult to eat and painful. They also get gum infections, cavities, mouth and throat ulcers.....all the problems humans have with their teeth.

Could you ask the person who can take her to the vet to pick her up at your place and you put her in the carrier before you go to your aunts?

My cats are all hard to handle, so I zip them inside a large laundry net and put them in the carrier. That way they're easier for the vet to examine. Put a puppy pee-pad in the bottom of the carrier in case she has an accident while she's waiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StormyRose786

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thank you...so that could cause her to not be able to keep food down, or act like she's trying to spit up something, with nothing coming out?

I can try to ask her today, but she doesn't wake up until about 10 every day. I have to leave here at 6:30 in the morning.

StormyRose786

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Btw, just now, she tried to eat a little wet food, spit it back up, then foamy liquid - white, I guess.

Usually, when she throws up clear or foamy liquid, it's her stomach. But at the same time, to go with what you said, last night, there were a couple times nothing came out, but she acted afterwards like she was trying to get something out of her mouth, so I did kind of wonder about her teeth...

And I can ask my friend to try to get her in a carrier herself, but Idk if it would work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope you can get your baby to the Vet-ASAP.. She may be dehydrated and need fluids from all the vomiting.
To me, it sounds as if she may have something caught .. or she has pretty bad gastritis, or even ate something she should not have.. She really needs a Vet appointment. I do not think there is anything you can do at home, to help her.

Can you get her into the carrier, and have your friend take her to the Vet?

Call the Vet ahead of time, to make sure your cat can be seen.. I think this is an emergency.

StormyRose786

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. She doesn't get up til around 10, & I have to leave at 6:30. But I can ask her to try to do it herself, I just don't know if it will work.