Really in a bind

Catsup2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted before but. Given my limited experience, I may be in over my head. What happens if I rescued feral cats? I'm in an area where there are no tnr laws. I cannot find any barn cat programs. I tried one rescue that actually takes feral but they say that they're full.
Releasing them here is NOT an option. Putting them back where they were isn't either. The location where they were was getting ready to call animal control. I have to get these cats settled somewhere ASAP! I'll make a donation and provide food.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get them on a waiting list with the one place that takes ferals and hang on awhile? I understand being in that situation and it is hard to take care of them because I have done it. You rescued them so please don’t give up. I got the cats here socialized while on the waiting list. I never expected that but I hoped and tried and good humans just turned up when I thought I was at the end of my endurance. I wasn’t. I held on and things began to turn around. I got the cats that socialized on a waiting list too. About 90 cats later, I am still here to tell the story. Turn to friends, family, neighbors and anyone with a spot to keep one safe temporarily and you may find that person becomes a rescuer or falls in love with that cat forever. Keep looking for others to help, get the cats on a waiting list even if you have to contact those people every week! Let them know you are serious and will not give up! Do keep us posted and Bravo for saving lives! If you are a cat guardian, you are a kitty hero! :alright::goldstar: Every life has a purpose and every life counts. Teach others by telling anyone with a heart.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for helping these poor babies. You are indeed a hero.

As what Jcatbird Jcatbird adviced, you can turn to friends and family for assistance. One home that can probably foster at least 1-2 cats is way better than having no other alternative at the moment. Who knows, if you post an announcement on your social media, a lot of people may also step in to help including your neighbors. And some may result to foster fails.

You are doing such a wonderful and amazing act for these cats. God bless you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get on Facebook and see if there are any farms or people who need mousers. Make sure they know they are feral and would need to be contained wherever they go for at least 60 days so they stay around. How many are there? Are they spayed and neutered? That would be a plus. DO NOT mention a donation when advertising them, I have had people take the money and then dump the cats. Make sure of the people who would take them.
Have you tried taking Benadryl at night before bed to help with your allergies? Or get a seasonal allergy injection, they are much more powerful. Bless you, for helping these little ones!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catsup2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am on allergy medication but my allergies are so bad that it doesn't really help. The feral rescue won't even put me on a waiting g list. They just refused, outright. I have basically tried everything that has been mentioned here. I don't have any family, so that's not an option for fostering.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Join the nextdoor app! Their is a difference between a feral and stray. A feral only hunts. Not all are bad. A stray will eat on your porch and most runaway from strangers. So mention that they are stray. Most people think all stray cats are feral and mean, not adoptable. So if you join ND mention stray instead. Or that you found some abandoned stray cats That may help