Real Life Ghost Stories

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I guess you could consider this paranormal, but does anyone else get a negative vibe from certain places in their house? For me it's my parents room which is right beside mine. I don't know why I get that vibe, although I do know that one of the owners of this house (the dad of the family) had a brain tumor. I don't know what happened to him though.
My grandmother's old house gave everyone I know a horrible negative vibe. Even my friends that came over when I was little felt uncomfortable inside the house. It was a very old house on top of a hill. She raised my mom and uncles in that house. I don't know the history of the house, but wish I did. There was a small graveyard you could see from the house on the North side.

When I stayed the night (or when any of her grandkids did) we all slept with her, we tried sleeping alone, but we always got freaked out at night. We could see things and hear things. She had this grandfather clock, it was really old, huge, and made people uncomfortable, it was pretty spooky like the rest of the house, even my mom and I talk about it to this day.

One day her house burned down to the ground due to an accident, no one was hurt, but everything was destroyed. But the grandfather clock kept chiming in the ashes, buried where no one could find it, but it was still chiming and being spooky. It quit chiming after they took all the ashes out after clean up and started the new house from square one. But it was never found. Not even a piece. The workers didn't understand it either.

She had a new house built on top of it, no more bad vibes. It is just a normal feeling house now. A warm grandmother feeling house now.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really enjoying this! Let me tell you about my great-aunt Minnie...

She was my father's aunt, already elderly when he knew her, and she was well-known for "seeing things." She and her husband lived in a very small, very old two-story farmhouse not far from where my father grew up, in an extremely isolated, rural part of Kentucky.

Aunt Minnie told my father about walking through the house at night and seeing a woman with long, long hair sitting on a windowsill in the stairwell, gazing out the window. The woman turned to Aunt Minnie and said, "Oh, what a night I've spent mourning."

Around the same time, Aunt Minnie had a terrible nightmare in which a baby was crawling up that same stairway, stopping occasionally to press his hands to the walls, and everywhere he touched, he left handprints of blood.

One night, Aunt Minnie and her husband had just gone to sleep in the downstairs room (it served as both living room and bedroom for them), and they both woke up at the same time. Standing at the foot of their bed was their four-year-old son, Herod Lee, his blond hair shining in the moonlight.

"Herod Lee," said his father, "get on up to bed now."

And from upstairs came their son's voice: "Daddy, I am in bed!"

On the far wall, there had once been a door to the outside, but it been boarded shut and painted over long before Aunt Minnie and her husband had moved in. After gazing at the two of them a moment more, the moonlight boy walked across the room and through that spot in the wall, and was gone.