Purraise
What do people think is better in breeds of cats:

Purebreed or Crossbreed

And Why??

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer purebred's. I guess because I love the look of Siamese cats, Pursians and Bengals.

However, I have seen mixed bred cats, that are truly unique and beautiful, as well.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love cats. If a purebred, then I prefer American Curls, loving as I do that they came from the domestic (mixed breed) population of the US.

But for beauty, lovingness and character...the whole species is special, imho

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't much care about breed , even though I do have a couple of favored breeds . I think any cat is wonderful ,cross breed , pure breed . They are all pretty and unique in their own way
And I am a Lover of all Cats

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with Hedi! (PurrfectCatlove.) I love all cats! If I had my choice I'd have many different flavors of kitty! Because I am limited though, my kitty of choice has been the persian. But I can't pick an absolute favorite.

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a preference either way when it comes to owning pure bred cats. I really think the non-pure bred cats I have now are wonderful. If I were to get a pure bred cat it would be a Turkish Angora because they're so beautiful or an Abyssinians because they are very active, agile and into everything! Though I like Persians and Birmans too for their loving personalities... Actually I like 'em all... who am I kidding!
-

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love them all!
Purebreed, crossbreed, it matters not one little bit to me, I love every single kitty regardless. (Although, I must say I'm a bit partial to a certain sweet red and white domestic shorthair!
!)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I'm with Hedi! (PurrfectCatlove.) I love all cats! If I had my choice I'd have many different flavors of kitty! Because I am limited though, my kitty of choice has been the persian. But I can't pick an absolute favorite.
I'm in the same camp. I do have a preference for red tabbies, greys, and I love the overpowering personality of Manx's. A long haired red tabby Manx would be my dream cat.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had a purebred cat and probably never will. "Personalities over pedigrees" is my mantra for adopting cats. If I HAD to pick a breed, though, it would be Maine Coons. They are such big, cuddly Teddy bears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vi04

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to say Thank You`s for your relpys

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I've never had a purebred cat and probably never will. "Personalities over pedigrees" is my mantra for adopting cats. If I HAD to pick a breed, though, it would be Maine Coons. They are such big, cuddly Teddy bears.
I don't think personality is exclusive to mixed breeds!
I've seen good personality in both and bad personality or lack of it in both mixed and pure breeds. There's an awful lot of "personality" in many pedigrees! My Jake is a mighty fine example! He has the cutest, friendliest, loving personality of any cat I've ever seen! He's a hoot! And he comes from a pretty impressive pedigree.

Maine Coons are very cool cats. I had a Maine Coon mix about 15 years ago... actually it was my son's cat. Also one of the nicest cats I've ever known!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love cats - my preference at the moment seems to be any cat that is black.
I am just a sucker for a little black furry face!

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

I am just a sucker for a little black furry face!
Yeah I'm a sucker for a black face too! I'm a sucker for buff faces and white faces too now that I think about it.

I saw the most gorgeous white Turkish Angora pictures today... I'm a real sucker for white kitty cats!
-

feralwhisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first cat was a DSH black and white tux. That is my favorite cat just because it reminds me of my first cat. I do like the personality of the Maine Coon but not the hair

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess my general bias is in favour of the crossbreeds -- not that I have anything against the purebreds, just prefer to give a home to the critter who might not otherwise get one. We have had one purebred, Nibs, the crazy old Siamese. He was great. If we went for a purebred deliberately (Nibs came to us at the age of 6, needing new digs) it would probably be a Siamese again, but it seems that whenever we're thinking it's time to add to the feline population, along come some little ones who need a home, and the question of source is answered for us.

dima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had anything but mixed-breed rescue cats before, until i got Pookie from the pound on the verge of his demise - he's half purebred Turkish Van and half ginger tabby. But from what I read about the TV he is very typical of the breed and I just LOVE HIM!! I've always wanted a Birman, but I think if I ever go purebred I'll have a touch choice between the Birman and another TV.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all cats
Big and little
I have right now a DSH tabby and a black Manx, but I guess he would be classified as a DSH since he isn't papered.

As far as breeds, I really lean towards the Main Coon, what a big beautiful kitty
Actually I think all breeds are beautiful whether they are purebred or cross doesn't really matter. All are unique in their own little way

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Before I got my kitties, I always said I wanted purebreeds. (I really wanted a devon rex) Then I was able to "save" my two "mutt" cats. I feel really good that they have a wonderful, safe, loving home because of me. Otherwise Simon would be an outside stray and Max would be stuck at the humane society. Both would probably be gone by now.

I say, if you don't have any preference, go get a kitty from the humane society and save a life!