TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On Alnutrin's website there is a recipe for a "boneless chicken diet."
A Guide To A Balanced, Homemade Cat Food - Alnutrin Supplements

33.5 g Alnutrin with calcium
2.5 cups of water
mix lightly then add
5 lbs ground raw chicken meat (boneless, skinless)
0.64 oz raw chicken liver

I multiplied the measurements by 5, since I order from Hare Today and they have the 5 lbs of boneless ground meat.

I've been making my cats food basically the same way but with ground chicken/turkey/beef organs. Does the Alnutrin supplement make other organs unnecessary? So I really just need to buy liver and supplement the ground meat? Would they be getting too many vitamins if I added Alnutrin with an organ mix that has kidneys and lungs?

I mean, my cats are fine as far as I can tell. I'm just wanting to make sure that I am feeding them a balanced diet for sure.

Another question, can I switch out the chicken for ground beef or chicken or any other boneless protein?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What percentage of kidney/lungs are you using? I'm guessing maybe 5%? That should be ok, but unnecessary per their recipe, obviously. (I think a lot of people just have a hard time sourcing those "other organs", so substitute more liver)

And, yes, you should be able to substitute any BONELESS meat, but depending on what you use, you may have a higher or lower fat content.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbulousbunz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for responding. Very helpful. :)
Idk what percentage of the kidney and lungs is, it’s just an organ mix with kidney lungs and liver and maybe heart I don’t remember. It’s the beef ground organ mix from Hare Today.