raw food

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

so....would it be okay to give small pieces of raw chicken and beef to my cat for a treat???
Sure. If they will accept it as a treat you might have little trouble getting them to eat whole meals of raw.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

so....would it be okay to give small pieces of raw chicken and beef to my cat for a treat???
YES but monitor the potty after

meezer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know there are some people who buy their raw meat from the grocery store but I personally would never do that. The meat in the grocery store is meant to be cooked and it is not handled with the idea that it's going to be fed raw. You don't know what kind of health the animal had and probably it was a poor one. Do any research on how chickens and cattle and pigs are raised and slaughtered and it's horrible.

That's why I like getting my meat from hare-today.com because they raise animals in a more humane and healthier way and they slaughter and handle the meat with the intention of it being fed raw. It gets frozen right away.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meezer

I know there are some people who buy their raw meat from the grocery store but I personally would never do that. The meat in the grocery store is meant to be cooked and it is not handled with the idea that it's going to be fed raw. You don't know what kind of health the animal had and probably it was a poor one. Do any research on how chickens and cattle and pigs are raised and slaughtered and it's horrible.

That's why I like getting my meat from hare-today.com because they raise animals in a more humane and healthier way and they slaughter and handle the meat with the intention of it being fed raw. It gets frozen right away.
I completely understand your concern. I had the same concern at first, and still do slightly, but I have heard from people who have fed grocery store meats for years with no problems. I compromise a bit by buying from Whole Foods which I trust *a bit* more to have fresher meats that have been handled properly.