Raw Food Recipe

lavlav123123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Member sophie1 was so helpful and gave me lots of good info about what meat to use in a recipe. I was hoping someone could help me and tell me if this would be a good recipe to feed? I'm hoping to get this figured out so I can get the food ordered, and then we can finally get our cat! :)

One 2 lb chub of ground chicken or turkey (Hare Today ground mix with bones)

1 lb ground chicken or turkey organs (this is 1/3 liver, 1/3 gizzards, 1/3 heart)

2.5 lbs boneless meat

8 ounces (.24 liter) water

4 raw egg yolks

2000 mg Taurine

4000 mg wild salmon or wild caught small fish oil

200 mg Vitamin B Complex

200 IU  Vitamin E

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That looks good to me. I did the calculations and with the extra organ and boneless meat you're adding to the mix, you're bringing the bone down to about 10% and the liver to about 8-10%.

Couple suggestions if you want them! :)

- have one more recipe in your rotation aside from this poultry one. It doesn't have to be this order but maybe the next time you place an order, include a pork or sheep recipe as well. They are priced pretty similar to the poultry. Or if you can afford it, rabbit is pretty universally liked!

- I see your supplement mix is from the catinfo.org site by Dr. Pierson. I use her supplement recipe as well but I also add about 3 to 5mg of manganese per 3lb batch. It was suggested to me by someone on the forum who is much more experienced than I and many of us add that ingrediento
***Question...I just noticed that you're using Dr p's supplement recipe but her recipe is for a 3lb batch but your batch is about 5.5lbs. You would probably need to double the supplements, right?? I don't know, maybe someone else should chime in on that for us***

- instead of adding the salmon/fish/krill oil to the batch, I like to buy capsules and squeeze it on their dinner daily. I use 500mg a day of krill oil. I'm sure you can add it to the batch to freeze but it's easy enough to add it to the dinner and it is guaranteed to be fresher that way. Fish oil loses its freshness fast.