Raw Food-Big Poops

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Rad Cat prices are similar: $12.99 at one store and $13.49 at another. (There's one that will order it and charge a lot more but...)

IMHO, Rad Cat sounds more expensive than it is, at least for our cats: their mid-afternoon RC snack keeps them full and happy for hours. It stays with them better than Primal or any of their canned foods, so the price/unit of satisfaction is comparable, if not cheaper. I'd gladly feed them more of it but I'm afraid they'll get bored with it since the only two kinds they get are turkey and chicken.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Our Rad Cat prices are similar: $12.99 at one store and $13.49 at another. (There's one that will order it and charge a lot more but...)

IMHO, Rad Cat sounds more expensive than it is, at least for our cats: their mid-afternoon RC snack keeps them full and happy for hours. It stays with them better than Primal or any of their canned foods, so the price/unit of satisfaction is comparable, if not cheaper. I'd gladly feed them more of it but I'm afraid they'll get bored with it since the only two kinds they get are turkey and chicken.
For me it would be a lot more expensive. When I give them Rad Cat, I split one 8 ounce container between them per meal. They eat more on raw. 

I don't buy the bigger containers because I like to give them 2 different proteins per day. They are super picky and they don't like to eat the same thing 2 meals in a row. RC is too expensive to be rejected because it wasn't the "right flavor" 

The 8 ounce containers are $5.99 each. 2 of them is $11.98 per day x 7 is $83.86 a week.

I get a lot of the canned food they get (Wellness, NVI, Pride by Instinct ) through my Amazon subscribe and save. The rest I get from Wal Mart (Friskies poultry pates) and Petco/Petsmart for anything else.  

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For me it would be a lot more expensive. When I give them Rad Cat, I split one 8 ounce container between them per meal. They eat more on raw. 
And there's the thing: all cats are different! I started our cats on Rad Cat as just little snacks, like a treat, and bumped the size up to large snack/small meal. I can't believe that so little (probably around 2 tablespoons, maybe a little more) keeps them sated for so long. I also can't believe they'll eat--so eagerly!--the same two flavors all the time.
I don't buy the bigger containers because I like to give them 2 different proteins per day. They are super picky and they don't like to eat the same thing 2 meals in a row. RC is too expensive to be rejected because it wasn't the "right flavor" 

The 8 ounce containers are $5.99 each. 2 of them is $11.98 per day x 7 is $83.86 a week.
I definitely couldn't afford to buy the small containers! I buy the large size, portion out the food in containers that last for two snacks, and refreeze. (Oddly, the cats like it better after it's been refrozen... they are such enigmas!) I don't like the reportioning but it keeps the cost under control!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katthedork

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's definitely not cheap but it's worth it. If I could afford to feed it exclusively I would.

The price will depend on where you get it. When I buy it, it's from a local independent pet store. Some online retailers carry it but there's going to be a ridiculous shipping charge involved. The pet store near me sells the 8 oz for $5.99, the 16 oz for $9.99 and the 24 oz for $13.99 which is the same price as one of the online retailers without the super expensive shipping.
I'll have to see how many oz exactly I'm getting from Primal, currently I spend almost $50 a month on raw. I buy the frozen cubes from Primal which is get for $16 a some change. Each one have 48 cubes, and I feed 4.5 in 1 day.