(raw feeding) Need help with picky dog

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I went back to full raw for the dogs... about a month ago? Something like that. Anyway I keep running into the same problem with Boo.. he starts off loving it, but then a few weeks in he won't eat bones anymore. I've tried different types of meaty bones (beef, pork, turkey... whatever I can get my hands on... I don't have too many options) and he just leaves them in his bowl and goes on a hunger strike.

The problem is Boo has some really bad anal gland problems and when he does eat his bones he doesn't itch because the bones help clear out his glands. When he doesn't eat them, he spends the whole day chewing himself. So I know I need to get him to eat the bones... but darnit all I just don't know how!

So I'm very frustrated at the moment... and I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas on what I can... I don't know... maybe put on the bones? Just someway to get him to eat them
I had some success with drizzling a little coconut oil on some of them... but then he got wise and just licked the coconut oil off the bone

Thanks

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gigi is too "sophisticated" for bones .. that is why I use grd bone
that way she get them and doesnt know it

do you have access to turkey necks???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a turkey neck is whats sitting in his bowl right now.. karma is chowing down on hers... boo keeps turning his nose up at his

do you buy ground bone somewhere or do you make it yourself?