Raw feeding advice for my new kitten PLEASE!!

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your raw feeding help.

My new kitten went from FF to raw no problem yesterday. The problem is that he was being free fed dry all day with a little FF in a.m.

Since I brought him home yesterday he just wants to eat all the time. Tomorrow I have an unexpected appointment and won't be home for about 6 hours, maybe sooner. Will he be okay going 6 hours without eating? Last night he was up playing and slept from about 1-6 but i don't know if he'll sleep all day tomorrow.

So, can a 14 week old kitten go for 6 or so hours without eating and if not, what suggestions does anyone have to give him. I don't want to put down dry since he's started on raw.

Thanks for any help please

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, not sure. A kitten that age does need to eat a lot and frequently. Do you have any freeze-dried raw, either complete or snacks, that you can leave for him when you're gone? Something like Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried dinners or any of the freeze-dried meat treats like Whole Life or Pure Bites work well for this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, not sure. A kitten that age does need to eat a lot and frequently. Do you have any freeze-dried raw, either complete or snacks, that you can leave for him when you're gone? Something like Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried dinners or any of the freeze-dried meat treats like Whole Life or Pure Bites work well for this.
thanks!

my2wins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One trick I learned on Dr Lisa Pierson's catinfo site for when you can't feed as frequently as needed:

1. freeze a few servings of wet or raw food (I use ziplock, but you can also use an ice tray)
2. Put out a dish of fresh wet or raw food as usual in the morning
3. Next to it, place a frozen serving in a separate dish, which will thaw in a few hours, giving a second fresh helping later in the day.