Raw diet for poor person?

jennifersbar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You all have really helped me here.  I am considering making my own cat food.  I saw a crystallized pee with dark pee around it.  I have 6 cats so taking them all to the vet to see which one peed it is not in the cards.  I am thinking it is the one and had her in a room alone for 6 hours but no pee.  I stopped by the pet store and bought cranberry powder to start with and gave all my cats vitamins.  I will be watching all very carefully to see if this pee shows up again.  This was the first time ever.  Know one is acting weak, everyone is eating and drinking.  I am going to start giving my cats wet food everyday now after reading what I have read online about how bad just kibble is.  And yes my cats don't get science diet or royal canine cause I have 6 of them.  Whiskas is what they have been eating.  It used to be Friskies but we switched as Whiskas was a bit better. I know not as good as the $50+ food.  I am hoping this pee was a one time thing.  It had been sitting in the empty litter for days.  See we have an issue with one of them peeing on the couch so I have put plastic on it and empty litter boxes for them or one to go in.  I know it sucks but it is just in the basement and hopefully not for long.  I will be watching all of them to make sure things are normal.  I am sure it is going to be a long time before they eat anything that I make.  I even have one who won't eat any wet food.  Not sure why as she was brought up on it.  Anyways I am here for information not to be judged.  All my cats are fixed and 4 are indoor cats.  I have even build a catio for them to enjoy outside without being fully outside.  I am looking into the raw food locally so if anyone on here is near Vancouver/Surrey BC Canada that would be great.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't feed the cranberry powder.  We don't advise that for humans anymore since it doesn't lower the pH enough to kill off the common culprit of UTI's (e. Coli). Not to mention, there's something about cranberries that isn't good for cats, but I can't remember what it is.  Anyway, the cranberry isn't necessary and more than likely won't help.4

One thing you can do is add a little water to everybody's wet food.  Additional water is a wonderful thing.  Good luck on getting to the bottom of which kitty has the odd urine.  Let us know what happens.

jennifersbar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well today I found 2 more pees in the empty litter boxes and no issues.  The girl at Bosley's said the cranberry is a great idea.  It was pretty expensive.  I never knew about adding water to the wet food but funny thing is my teen has been doing it for years.  I now am going to do it till I start making my own food.  Now I was told NOT to feed them crumbles and wet food.  I think it is better then just the kibble.  My cats do drink a lot of water.  I will look into the cranberry a bit more, if you see anything post a link.  I love my babies and hope nothing ever goes wrong with any of them.  I almost lost my youngest a year ago to the vet screwing up.  I am in the process of filing charges.  I can't go into anymore detail until it is over.