rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

straightcatman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
honourable? I really don't know if that ex-owner would not put down the cat or send it to a shelter. I had to trust my gut instincts and find a loving home for the cat. I did just that!

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StraightCatMan

shoulds has nothing to do with is.......stop assuming that my purpose was to make money...I said the obvious: I received a fee (money) and someone else received a cat (product that has to be purchased with cash).....you must literal in your interpretation in order to be effective in communication
Why would you even describe this cat as being a product?

Originally Posted by StraightCatman

it's pointless to argue...I made money and someone has a new cat
First off it seems to me, all you really cared about was making a buck off this poor cat. It really shows in your post. You say we should stop assuming that your purpose was to make money, when that is pretty much all you talk about.

Your right with one thing and that is the arguing part. We see and feel differently than you do about this so there is nothing more to discuss.

I just hope that cat is not tossed on to anyone else and so on. Some people are not meant to have animals, they are clueless of their needs, and that it is their responsibility to care for the animals for the remaining of their lives.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I should come to the defence of the OP......

As he stated in his first post...he felt the lady who gave him this cat was sketchy w/ her behavior......

Including just giving him the cat for free because she couldnt find a buyer and needed to get it off her hands....And obviously at no point did she contact the breeder..........

These all sound like red flags to me........

Now he gets the cat w/ o knowlege of the breeder nor any written or verbal contract w/ the previous owner....He then gives the per to a women who just lost her very old Himylaian...so that she may have companionship...He also charged a fee....Which was a good thing to do.....It eliminates some undisirable people...........

In his first posts it is apperent he cared for the cats wellbeing as he gave it to a women who is farmilliar w/ purebreds....and didnt want to give it back to the previous owner as he felt she may discard the cat in a not-so-nice fasion......He explained that he thought he was doing the best thing for the cat....And under the circumstances I do not feel that I would have acted any differently.........

As for his comments about the cat being "property"...I like the rest of you were really peeved by it...until I reread his posts and realized that he was just frustrated, because he was getting bashed for doing what he thought was right.....

I feel his snide comments were nothing more than frustration...as it is completly apperant to me that he cared for the kit......

Thank You

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with weloveellie. I stayed out of this post and for the most part agreed with the op until:
I made money and someone has a new cat

the money has been brought up alot...IMO not cool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

straightcatman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"I just hope that cat is not tossed on to anyone else and so on. Some people are not meant to have animals, they are clueless of their needs, and that it is their responsibility to care for the animals for the remaining of their lives."

I think a cat will feel miserable if it has to be locked in a room because it doesn't get along with feline roommate. That's why I found a good home where an alpha cat can roam free as he wish.

"property": technically that's what pets are. Don't you "own" your cat? Or did you sign an official agreement with the cat that he should be treated like an equal partner or a human being and can do whatever it wants to do including misbehaving in the house? If you buy it, take care it, then you own it. LOL. I guess anyone can walk into my home and take my cat for a free ride since he really can't be deemed owned property and that strangers should have more privileges with him than I do.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also feel I must step in here in defense of the original poster ... while money has indeed been brought up here, I think it is safe to say that we ~all~ feel that asking for an adoption fee is the best way to ensure that someone will value the cat. The original poster had no contract, verbal or otherwise, with the breeder. That contract was with the person from whom he acquired the cat and SHE should have been the one to contact the breeder.

I think it is time for this thread to be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.