Rant for the day

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh...and then there are the people who will drive throygh a puddle, getting me wet, without even bothering to notice....or they cut me off on a day where its pouring rain. You are in the car, dummy! Let me go!

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is two days before Christmas and it's dumping freezing rain outside. ( Better than inside right ?) And you could not drag me kicking and screaming to my car to go anywhere. I hate my husband has to drive to work this evening. The usual assortment of people who now do everything in their car but look at the road are now distracted by the holiday crap along with roads that are going to be miserable. We live close enough to the interstate to hear the constant sound of sirens as State Police and ambulances make their way to the latest pile up. And that's before the roads even get icy. It's like someone flips a switch when we get any type of weather and cars just start flipping off the road.
The road near my home gets insanely busy at Christmas! InSANE. And so many drivers are so angry...you know...Christmas brings out the "best" in folks...anyways...the people who still walk or bike that road this time of year are BRAVE. I wont do it.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
The road near my home gets insanely busy at Christmas! InSANE. And so many drivers are so angry...you know...Christmas brings out the "best" in folks...anyways...the people who still walk or bike that road this time of year are BRAVE. I wont do it.
We were snowed in solid for two days. Because the Governor called a state of emergency we had actual snow plows instead of the road grader clearing the road. No sooner did they plow the paved road than cars started zooming up and down on the one lane both ways. No one willing to pull over a bit so there were some interesting stand offs. Hubs had to work tonight he's supposed to call when he gets to work and has time. It's a solid sheet of ice. Slow the ( bad word ) down.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness, we've had sleet most of the day and have a 1/4 inch of ice on the ground. I have to take Sara to the vet tomorrow, which is right next door, and I'm terrified. Was very glad I didn't have to go out today, but still. People are morons out there. And why do people insist on turning in front of you when it's like this as though it's a normal summer day? I have to slow down enough for your butt that decided to turn instead of waiting, and that's next to impossible. You're the kind of person that makes me have to decide to hit the curb instead of another car.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Goodness, we've had sleet most of the day and have a 1/4 inch of ice on the ground. I have to take Sara to the vet tomorrow, which is right next door, and I'm terrified. Was very glad I didn't have to go out today, but still. People are morons out there. And why do people insist on turning in front of you when it's like this as though it's a normal summer day? I have to slow down enough for your butt that decided to turn instead of waiting, and that's next to impossible. You're the kind of person that makes me have to decide to hit the curb instead of another car.
I'm not terrified of driving in bad weather. I'm terrified of drivers who can't cope with less than perfect driving conditions. Of all the vehicles I see piled up the majority are 4 wheel drive. I had someone blow through the red and he never even looked up from his dash. I always look both ways and make sure it's clear before pulling out. Of course the car behind me was honking it's bumper off. Second time at that light last week I had that happen. And it wasn't a light that just changed. People are totally zoned out. Be careful out there

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not terrified of driving in bad weather. I'm terrified of drivers who can't cope with less than perfect driving conditions. Of all the vehicles I see piled up the majority are 4 wheel drive. I had someone blow through the red and he never even looked up from his dash. I always look both ways and make sure it's clear before pulling out. Of course the car behind me was honking it's bumper off. Second time at that light last week I had that happen. And it wasn't a light that just changed. People are totally zoned out. Be careful out there
Our first snow of the year was in the form of a winter storm (which was actually weird, we usually get dustings of snow before the storms). In my area specifically, it rained all night then conveniently froze over as it changed to snow. I had to work that morning (it was a Saturday) and the plows were busy with the highways at that point. I think in the hour or so it started snowing before I left, there were a couple of inches already on the ground (it was snowing that hard).

And yes, I was one of those terrified drivers. I was close to tears from being scared by the time I got to work. And having to go over all the bridges is the worst because I'm terrified driving over those as it is.