Random poop on fur

Mini-mimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why would my cat have poop on his stomach???
I woke this morning to see my cat has dried poop on his right side and belly.
i cant see an injury. So im confused its no where near his butt. Unless some random cat pooped on his side.
Hes usually very clean. But it dried. So i got a bunch of wet rags and a stiff brush to remove it all. (Unsure if i should really bathe him in like atub of water. Im happy he even let me wash it off. Usually he dont let me groom him in any way).
Also unsure if this is the culprit. There has been a feral cat on my property. Idk if its an attack from him. But that cat seems to be peeing alot under my porch. And i keep trying to get rid of the smell by sweeping with detergent water.
please i need advice.
should i be worried about some diseases on his fur? Or if he gets sick from this.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your cat fixed? He will not get a disease. Do you give him flea preventative? If you let him outside with a feral, has he had all his shots?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mini-mimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is your cat fixed? He will not get a disease. Do you give him flea preventative? If you let him outside with a feral, has he had all his shots?
Yes hes fixed and has all his treatments.
hes usually outside only in daytime and i dont see the feral cat. At night hes usually locked up in the house. Thats when i hear the feral cat making alot of noise.
i called the animal welfare and they said to spray some water and not feed it. So not really helpful.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is he a long haired cat? Is it possible he "went" and when he turned around to bury it, it literally stuck to his side?