ramps for cats

minnie8888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows where is best to get a large ramp to allow access to a window?

My cat Tyger loves jumping up to the front window but he has been struggling to do this recently and has been falling over. He is 13 years old and had X-rays taken yesterday which show he has spondylosis (extra bone growth to lower spine) and curvuture of this spine. He is going to go back to the vets tomorrow for steroid injections to help with the discomfort but the vet had said we need to make sure he doesn't have to jump too far. Problem is it's difficult telling Tyger not to jump to his favourite spot of the room!

I googled it last night but could only find ramps for dogs to use in cars and a few steps which would still not be very helpful. A lot of the websites also seemed to be American. I'm sure if we can't find anything we will have to make something, but my wood work skills aren't very good so would rather buy one fit for purpose if we can.

Has anyone found any sites in the UK which supply a ramp suitable for use at the window? Any suggestions would be apprecaited.

Many thanks.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this site:

There are several on here that look like they'd work.  They are dog ramps, but just don't tell your kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minnie8888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately though our windows are fairly high from the ground so I'm not sure the steps or small slopes would work. I'm not sure if the car ramps would be safe to lean against a Windows sill. That's why I wondered if anyone had ever used any? I guess it might have to be a diy job!

Thanks though :)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or you could put a step stool next to a table next to a chair that gets her up to the hight of the window.  I put a footstool next to the end tables at the foot of my bed just for convenience sake (I use it to sit on while scooping litter) and my kitties use it all the time to get up on my bed.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minnie8888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hadn't thought about a cat tree. Yes that would be the best solution as wouldn't have the space for chairs and stools etc in front of the window. Thanks for the suggestions!!