Raised bumps on cats nose

LukaPaduka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Anyone know what these bumps are on my cats nose? They popped up quickly over the course of 2 days.
He has had a tough week in general, and has been to the vet for a cat fight and abscess.
tge spits popped up after about day 5/7 of getting him cared for.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor baby! You can see he does not feel good. While this could be some coincidental rash having nothing to do with the fight, I wonder if it is related. Is he on antibiotics for the other wounds? You have probably just seen the vet and paid for services, so I would see if the vet would accept a pic initially and possibly a conversation about what this could be. Even though they appeared later, they do look scabby to me, maybe even slightly infected.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LukaPaduka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been to 3 vets…This has been a week long debacle of incorrect treatment for a cat fight with steroids, and delayed start of antibiotics allowing infection to grow...

He’s on 3 antibiotics currently plus gabapentin and bupenorpfine for pain.

I did send a pic to the last vet yesterday but he hasn’t gotten back to me.
We will probably have to go back to vet tomorrow because he also somehow knocked his wound drain out during the night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LukaPaduka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor baby! You can see he does not feel good. While this could be some coincidental rash having nothing to do with the fight, I wonder if it is related. Is he on antibiotics for the other wounds? You have probably just seen the vet and paid for services, so I would see if the vet would accept a pic initially and possibly a conversation about what this could be. Even though they appeared later, they do look scabby to me, maybe even slightly infected.
Yes, they are somewhat scabby… I was considering medication reaction, reaction to different food, acne from not being able to do his normal grooming and having food on his face…
He’s had 1 overnight at the ER, plus 3 full day visits to the vet for fluids and monitoring.