Rags Has Six Babies... So Far!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gayle I know I already told you this in another thread, but just repeating it here in case someone could use the advise later.

For large litters, it is sometimes helpful to divide the kittens into two separate boxes, on opposite sides, in the same room. This way the weaker kittens arent fighting for the good milk.

The mom will visit both boxes and take care of them. Sometimes she might try to move them, but after a few tries they can get the hint.

Sometimes mother cats actually do this themselves, moving a kitten or kittens away from the rest and take care of it/them separately.

Again - good luck!!! I'm sure you'll let us know how they do!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Gayle I know I already told you this in another thread, but just repeating it here in case someone could use the advise later.

For large litters, it is sometimes helpful to divide the kittens into two separate boxes, on opposite sides, in the same room. This way the weaker kittens arent fighting for the good milk.

The mom will visit both boxes and take care of them. Sometimes she might try to move them, but after a few tries they can get the hint.

Sometimes mother cats actually do this themselves, moving a kitten or kittens away from the rest and take care of it/them separately.

Again - good luck!!! I'm sure you'll let us know how they do!!!
That's fascinating - keeps the sibling rivalry down. I'll have to remember that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens all seem to be doing well today. Cuddles is gaining a bit. I mentioned it in the other thread, but I wanted to follow up in this one too. I'll try to get pics of each baby soon, instead of just pics of them piled in a heap in the nest box!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see individual pics! Good luck doing it it's kind of hard with them crawling all over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're looking good. Cuddles is gaining, but not as fast as the others. I'm going to try to post the stats from my spreadsheet in the "worried about weights" thread. I got some individual pictures, but they aren't very good. I was trying to work fast so Rags wouldn't get upset. I'm going to try again later on today. But I do have a comparison picture between the biggest (Max) and the smallest (Cuddles) I'll post it in a minute.

Here it is- Cuddles is on the left and Max is on the right. Big difference, huh?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief...
Max is a Maximum Cat...
a big boy.

Come on Cuddles, keep on eating sweetie.