ragdoll

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bobcat4is_cool

thank you but i know how bad it is i looked last night and i am going to try the soft paws for my next cat
I have many families who use soft paws or soft claws on their kitty and really enjoy them. Keeping a cats nails trimmed on a regular basis and training to a scratching post is usually easy. We keep our kittens around 13 weeks, to help with socialization, scratching training, they are spayed or neutered, and are vaccinated 2 times prior to going to the adoptive family. It is crucial to keep babies to 10 weeks at least, preferrably 12 weeks.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

like a shot that you could spaying and neuter your cat with.
No, there is not a way to spay or neuter a cat with a vaccine or shot. With females they make a small incision in the abdomen to remove the uterus and ovaries. Spaying in females prevents uterine cancer or infection such as pyometra, and reduces mammary cancer greatly. In males, they only make a small incision to remove the testicles, this also prevents testicular cancer or infection in males, if done in an proper time frame will prevent a male from spraying or marking his territory with urine. There are many other benefits to having your cat spayed or neutered, but this is to name a few.
Spaying and neutering is done with most pet families, it isn't thought of as cruel, if you would like more feed back to help understand the benefits, I believe most on this site, hundreds could or would give positive feedback.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

oh, oh thanks. i thought i heard that....
It may be something such as a shot to prevent a female from going into heat, but I have asked about this drug from several vets, and all agree there are too many risks associated with this drug, if one is not a registered breeder with the background knowledge needed to breed, there is a lot of knowledge involved. Have you thought about spay or neutering your current Ragdoll(s), showing them in alter class, to get familiar with the breed and find a mentor to help you begin with quality cats to have a better foundation to begin with. There is always learning to continue, but this would give you time to find out a bit about the basic genetics and scans and tests that one will do on their breeding cats, prior to beginning breeding, as well as becoming involved in the breed clubs, to keep up to date on the information regarding the Ragdoll breed. If this is the breed you choose to breed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh ok thanks for all the information. I think after this litter i will read up more before breeding her again.
Also, if you get into showing her you will learn tons about the breed and get to meet fellow breeders.

* Provided she is registered and show quality.

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So you are raising two cats that both have kittens right now? How far apart were the two litters?

How old are you? It isn't easy breeding cats. Most of the time when someone buys a full-bred cat they expect for them to be show quality.

You can't keep allowing your cats to get pregnant. Can you and your family afford to spay/neuter all the kittens and get them their shots? You have 10 kittens in your house right now, right? That is going to be expensive. Are you prepared for the responsibility involved with raising kittens?