Ragdoll, snowshoe or Siamese mix? Help please!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, he wouldn't be seal point if dilute. It shouldn't be genetically possible for a cat to have both dilute and non-dilute coloring. Although someone recently posted a picture of a cat with both, who I suspect must be a chimera. . .but that's super rare. Seal-point bi-color, that's what they would call a Ragdoll with that coloring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

murrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, so bi color on a ragdoll is 3 colors - maybe since white is the absence of color it doesn't count?!

You're too funny! Sign me up Maury - pretty sure its 3 dad's. Our orange (fixed) tabby that "adopted" poor scanky Kittie is at least part Siberian, the only monogamous breed - he was always running off the cats coming around & we had no clue what was going on!

murrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nah, he wouldn't be seal point if dilute. It shouldn't be genetically possible for a cat to have both dilute and non-dilute coloring. Although someone recently posted a picture of a cat with both, who I suspect must be a chimera. . .but that's super rare. Seal-point bi-color, that's what they would call a Ragdoll with that coloring.
OK - how confusing can this color thing be?!
Apollo is definitely not 100% ragdoll so could he be snowshoe/ ragdoll like a shoe-rag or snowdoll?
How can you tell if it's seal or chocolate or blue since he has grey?Is the ragdoll color just all encompassing of any brown, grey, black mix? I think I will just be thankful I am not showing cats, wait to see how much the color changes & enjoy these unique & stunning kittens! (Unless the Maury show calls of course)

It did not cross my mind before that the mom had some Siamese, so Balinese mix & Ragdoll Siamese - Ragamese / Siamoll makes sense.

murrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, if you want to see mom its on YouTube titled "Chloe kitten had 3 kittens now 5 weeks old, update"
If you want to hear mom, it's her soft voice - it's also on YouTube titled "Chloe's kittens eat her food, cat conversation" Siamese trait? When I get the loud yacking title, I'll post that too.

murrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator: