Ragdoll first time pregnancy

MohElghazaly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, I have 9 months female Ragdoll, she mated on 16 February, I wonder if these nipples are for a pregnant cat, this is the first time for her, if she is pregnant she should be for one month now, also when should I feel the real increase of her size , also I can not see any sign of heat on her since she matted, thanks for the help.
B5389E91-8BA4-4568-9E9D-537A5203D108.jpeg
B5389E91-8BA4-4568-9E9D-537A5203D108.jpeg
4734BF1D-470C-4CBC-A324-F947016EFEE8.jpeg

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you purposely mate her on that day with another ragdoll? It’s a shame she is possibly pregnant at 9 months as that is really too young. Nevertheless, she is almost 4 weeks along if she is pregnant. Cats begin to show in their sides after 5 weeks, and pregnancy runs 63-68 days or so. Check out our articles at the top of the forum on pregnant cats and kittens. They are very helpful, and we are here for all of your questions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MohElghazaly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
unfortunately I did it on purpose, I got a wrong information that she is ok to mate at age 6 months 😞😞, thanks for the reply. This is the first time for me to have unspayed cat, are the nipples look the same for the pregnant and non pregnant cat in this age, thanks

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her nipples don't look pink in these pictures. Most cats "pink up" at around 21 days gestation. Some cats will fool you because they do not "pink up," so she might be pregnant... but it's also quite possible that you are lucky and she didn't get pregnant this time.

Now that you have found out the advice you got wasn't very good, have you been able to find another experienced breeder to help you with responsible breeding? If you don't have a good experienced breeder to help you, let us know where you are located and which association your cat is registered in. Most associations have breeding mentorship programs.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very good advice above! What country are you in? If she is not pregnant, please wait until she is 18 months old before breeding her. 😊

Last edited: