radio question of the day: 11/13/06

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve got a couple of the major ones but use my Discover card most of the time. I pay a bunch of my regular monthly bills with it and then pay on line. I hardly write any checks any more.

I also have a bunch of store cards that I have not used in years. Some still have my old address and I never changed it.

Funny you should mention this. I have a visa card that I hardly ever use. Last month I used it to renew my anti virus stuff because they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take discover. The only problem is when I got the bill it didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t look like a bill so I threw it out.

I know not only is it stupid itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not the first time.

I was paying other bills this weekend and decided to check on line to see when it was due. Turns out I was a week late and it makes me look bad!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

I was paying other bills this weekend and decided to check on line to see when it was due. Turns out I was a week late and it makes me look bad!
When we were doing the mortgage thing I got to get a real good look at my credit report. For every credit card (for example, anything with a monthly payment including a car pmt) they gave me a rating of 1-10. A 1 was an on time payment and I think a 10 was no payment or realllllly late. It doesn't happen often but on occasion I know I have had a late payment, sometimes by a week or more and sometimes less (but not often!!) and mine still looked like 111111111111111. So I think they give you a grace period. It might be the amount of time it takes them to report to the agency that you paid/didn't pay

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One Visa debit card, One platinum Visa with $500 + dollars on it, and a master card with a -$4.37 balance on it. I guess I over paid it one time. Better to have more $$ on the balance then to owe more then you can pay. I learned that the hard way. My Ex opened many cards in my name and charged numerous things to them and I ended up filing bankuptcy because of it. My credit is impeccible now though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 1 Visa (Anne Geddes one). I pay it off early every single month and don't use it if i don't have the $$ to pay the bill for it. I'm extremly good about my $$ even though i don't have a lot. I normally pay cash for everything- and if i don't have cash...i don't "need it"...../ I ususally use my credit card for medical bills and emergencies. I am EXTREMLY careful about my money/credit. I saw my mom struggle her whole live in debt as a single mom to provide for my sisters and I....and how hard it was for her to make ends meet from check to check- so I put myself through personal finance in high school and I try to pay off everything early every single month- i also try to PYF from each pay check and have several investments. Once I pay off dental school I plan to start saving for retirement when I get that done / Money stinks, i never have enough of it, but I definitely try to do the best with what I have and use it wisely.