Radio question of the day: 10/16/06

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll probably just participate in the "trunk or treat" put on by the local churches every year. There is an old closed down factory outside of town with a parking lot that covers about 6 acres. The electric company checks out the parking lots lights and turns them on the night of the trunk or treat for free, and everyone parks their cars in this huge circle (171 cars last year), and pass out candy from the trunks of the cars and back of pickup trucks. It's lots of fun, the adults get to mingle, can keep an eye on all the kids, and you know where all the candy comes from.

Mischief Mistoffolees went with me last year (in harness), and the black cat was as big a hit as the candy. But, all the kids started stressing him out and he spent the last half of the night sleeping in his pet taxi in the back seat

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. We don't celebrate Halloween. I think most families around here bring thier kids to the ritzy neighborhood up the road...they give out better candy!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i live in the middle of no place,
So unless the wildlife comes up and knocks on the door i dont expect any kids at all.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, lots of kids will be around for the candy. I expect about 100 kids. I always buy candy that I like (chocolate of course) so that eating any leftovers is not a problem.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we will be giving out candy....and we will probably have about 50 kids or so....we live on a one street neighborhood....but we are the only house that goes all out for decorations...so we get other people from different neighborhoods that come in....

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to give out candy, but the entrance to our apartment is on the side of the house and it's set up with a security light that only comes on when triggered by motion from the back of the house (where the parking lot is). Since kids would be coming from the front, they wouldn't trigger the security light (or even likely notice that our doorway leads to a separate apartment from the front of the house). Besides that, I don't think our neighbourhood gets a lot of kids, so I certainly don't need to have any candy left over for us to munch on!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Will you be giving out candy on Trick or Treat? How many kids do you suppose you get?
I would love to answer this question Susie!

But unfortunately in MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico doesn´t have this tradition!....

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a bowl of candy on the desk hutch next to the front door since October 1st! Anya's favorite activity has since been to sit next to it and "test gravity" as she fishes out a piece with her mouth and then drops it piece by piece onto the floor.

I'm getting dressed up for a costume party we're going to late that night, so I'll be there ready for trick-o-treaters, but I doubt we'll have any. We live next door to two retirement homes and aren't really in a kid heavy neighborhood.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we will! But I have no idea how many kids to expect because we just moved into our new house last month.
I'm so excited for Halloween! I love to see the little kids all dressed up.