Radio question of the day: 09/07/06

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh commercials make me nuts...we have ones here for Safe-Auto I could take a gun to the TV like Elvis did when there was something on there he didn't like!!! I would go without insurance before I would use them, that's how much I hate them Okay I feel better now..Can you tell I'm a little STRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Oh, where to start? Paris Hilton (congratulations, your life is meaningless, now please go away); Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey; bird flu, west nile virus, mad cow disease (could these be any more overly-hyped?); TomKat and their TomKitten (heck, any combination-named couple: Brangelina, Bennifer, Vaugnistan ... that entire name-blending trend is just old); Britney Spears and Kevin Federline (please stop spawning, please, for the love of monkeys, stop spawning); the Austrian girl who escaped from captivity after 8 years (it's not that I don't think her story is fascinating, but leave the poor girl alone already!), and, on the off-chance that my boyfriend reads this ... his ex-girlfriend (yes, I get that she was the devil ... no, I don't want to hear about her -- she's your ex for a reason).

Ummm ... I may just be overly irritable, however. And clearly in desperate need of a cultural fix, since all I apparently do is read celebrity gossip sites ...
ahh i agree!
the whole paris hilton thingy..she is an idiot! plain and simple, and there is no room for her in my day yet she always seems to pop on in rather its in the news or on the radio...yuck!!!

and i i totally agree about the ex thingy! Been with my guy for a year and some exs still dont get it!

also Im sick of hearing about people getting pregnant! gosh! i feel like my clock is ticking and this urge to be a mom and start a family is driving me insane and all i hear and see is other people getting pregnant! blah!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I am SO sick of the Head On commercials where they repete it three times. I know that you are tring for brand recognition, but honestly, don't be so annoying about it.
I completely agree with you there! I told Earl about the third time I heard that stupid commercial that I would never use that stuff just because of how annoying the commercial is.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what I'm sick of, well a couple of things.

1. That Head-On Commerical=Apply Directly to the Forehead...it's too annoying.
2. Overplayed News headlines...It's only a breaking news headline once...

I think that's it.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Idiotic radio dj's sharing their moronic opinions about the news.
Actually, dj's in general. Just shut up and play some music already!!
Also, those radio commercials about a cure for psoriasis (spelling?). They've been having those adds for months, playing constantly. Come on people.... everyone who suffers from psoriasis has heard them already. Shut up!!!

(lucky I don't watch tv... that's a whole set of annoyances that's gone from my life!
)

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I am SO sick of the Head On commercials where they repete it three times. I know that you are tring for brand recognition, but honestly, don't be so annoying about it.
That's hilarious!!!

Chad goes nuts when that commercial comes on- it IS SO annoying! I think I remember seeing another commercial that must've been by the same company - or maybe I heard it on the radio- but it was the same idea, where they just repeated the same line 3 times... it was like "Knee On, Apply directly to the knee. Knee On, Apply directly to the knee. Knee On, Apply directly to the knee." I'd like to meet the genius that thought of that marketing milestone!

What else can't I stand right now...

OH! I am tired of people bringing their kids over to my house and turning them loose like we're some kind of fun park where rules don't apply!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about people who turn their kids loose in a restaurant? We don't babysit while you ignore your children and they destroy everything, In fact, we find it rather irritating and really want to smack you back into reality to let you know that your kid is putting salt shakers in his pop/mouth, or destroying the condiment stand by grabbing stuff and climbing on it, or throwing food on the floor. Comeon, we aren't paid to babysit and if we were, your children would be better behaved then that. WE wouldn't let them run amuck like that for goodness sakes!
Or even better..When they turn their kids loose in a store! UGH! I just want to snatch up the kids and go "look, you need to stop, and behave or I'll give you a good swat on the behind!" I mean ok, kids will be kids, but there is a limit to how much you can take when you are trying to shop and also dodging arounding children that are out WAY past their bedtimes, and completely unsupervised while their parents are looking at this or that, oblivious to the fact that their children are reeking havoc somewhere else.
Another one is unchained dogs(in general) and cats that are let outside on busy roads. I really do not want to be bit by a dog running loose in the streets, so could you please make sure your animal is properly secured?
And as for cats, when I see a cat, in the rain or any extereme weather, it angers me to no end. And when it's on a busy road
, I mean comeon, keep your animals indoor for goodness sakes, it's the only way you can keep them safe.

Ok I'm done now thank you for listening.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at the moment I'm out of town at our association's national convention, which starts Saturday. It's always a TON of work getting ready for this, so I'm sick to death of dealing with it. I'll be so relieved in a week when it's over!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sick of my mother reminding me I owe her money.... yeah Mom, I totally forgot about that!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm sick of my mother reminding me I owe her money.... yeah Mom, I totally forgot about that!
I hear ya! That, and when are we going to get married? And when are we going to have children?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

That's hilarious!!!

Chad goes nuts when that commercial comes on- it IS SO annoying! I think I remember seeing another commercial that must've been by the same company - or maybe I heard it on the radio- but it was the same idea, where they just repeated the same line 3 times... it was like "Knee On, Apply directly to the knee. Knee On, Apply directly to the knee. Knee On, Apply directly to the knee." I'd like to meet the genius that thought of that marketing milestone!
And don't forget their product for hemorroids

Freedom from hemorroids? Freedhem Hemorroid Cream.

And they flash the words just in case you have the volume turned down so you can still be annoyed by it!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

And don't forget their product for hemorroids

And they flash the words just in case you have the volume turned down so you can still be annoyed by it!

Oh Gracious sakes alive...that one too!

And you got a laugh out of me (miracle--ah that goes back to another post)...I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I say we all take our torches and pitchforks and burn down the people who are broadcasting these heinous commercials.